Interviewed by Ngoda | Skynet Empire
Zimbabwe’s music scene is full of noise. Like opening TikTok on an Ama2k phone — it’s drama, and that’s what makes it sell. Simply noise.
Something different has been brewing, however. Franchise Slim is choosing a different path. He’s not chasing trends or clout. He’s telling stories people whisper about, learning the business, and staying patient.
We caught up with the artist behind the Franchise Slim brand over WhatsApp for a chat. No studio, no PR team, just a real conversation about faith, growth, friends who aren’t fans, and what it takes to last.
Here’s the full conversation, unfiltered:
Continue reading
Ngoda: Good morning Sir.
I'm Ngoda from Skynet Empire.
I would like to interview you via online chat and collect material for an article that I'm building, about your brand Franchise Slim.
I'll take a few days tichingotaura paApp. Mongodaira mibvunzo pamunenge muri free.
F. Slim: Ok thanks will do that
Goodmorning zvirisei
Ngoda: Great. We'll use English as the default. A little Shona here and there.
Let's start
F. Slim: Ok sounds good
The 3 Songs That Define Franchise Slim in 2026:
Ngoda: If you were to identify yourself using "Broke" and two other songs from your whole catalogue, which songs would complete the list?
F. Slim: I would definitely put in
1. Disciples
2. Herbet
Ngoda: What's the inspiration behind these two songs, and what makes you feel they are good for the perfect three-piece that define you?
F. Slim: I feel like artists these days are chasing what people like.
My inspiration is to create and talk about what people only say behind closed doors.
Disciples talks about thanking God.
Herbet talks about the struggles of transformation from boy to a man.
So basically these songs reflect on my day to day life.
I'm telling a story and hoping that people relate.
"Your Friends Are Not Your Fans": The Most Misunderstood Part
Ngoda: What's the most misunderstood part of your personality as an artist?
F. Slim: I guess the privacy part, cz I'm not an artist who moves around telling people I'm a rapper.
So people tend to find out through my socials and ask why I didn't tell them.
Ngoda: If you were to travel back in time, say five years, and meet a younger version of you, what piece of advice would you give to that guy?
F. Slim: I would give him the tips about the business side of music.
That talent doesn't matter.
90% is all in the business ethics.
I would tell him it compromises of marketing and Connections.
And your friends are not your fans.
I think it comes from the fact that they see you around everyday and don't realize the potential you possess.
I would also say attention from fans is earned through playtime. Make more music and post it. Most importantly promote it.
And finally to look towards a Northstar, a fixed vision that you always follow throughout your career, and have a lot of patience. The ability to withstand being unknown for years even though the music is good.
Ngoda: Profound. If music wasn't part of your bio, what words would you want people to use to describe you?
F. Slim: Patient, hardworking and lowkey person
What stands out about Franchise Slim isn’t just the music. It’s the mindset. In an era of overnight virality, he’s betting on consistency, business ethics, and a "Northstar" vision.
He says, "Have a lot of patience, the ability to withstand being unknown for years even though the music is good."
That’s the Franchise Slim brand in three words: Patient. Hardworking. Lowkey. Watch this space.
It's Ngoda reporting for Skynet Empire. Forever shining!